Stlaware.com

Automobile & Truck Window Tinting

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: I always hear that you can get into trouble for tinting your windows. What's the truth about this?
Posted by: Jim
Date: March 31, 2011 11:47PM
Every state has a different law governing window tinting on vehicles registered in their state. My business is located in St Charles Missouri, therefore I am most familiar with Missouri law.

Missouri State Statute, 307.173. 1. Any person may operate a motor vehicle with front side wing vents or windows located immediately to the left and right of the driver that have a sun screening device, in conjunction with safety glazing material, that has a light transmission of thirty-five percent or more plus or minus three percent and a luminous reflectance of thirty-five percent or less plus or minus three percent.

In layman’s terms, this means you can tint your front door windows to a minimum of 32% light transmission. You can also tint the back windows as dark as you would like. If you choose a film for your front windows that allows less than 32% light to pass through, you can be pulled over and ticketed specifically for your illegal window tint. If you have a question regarding other state laws please let me know and I will be able to find the correct information for you.

Auto Tint
Jim Worstenholm
1051 Reddington Timbers Drive
Saint Charles, Mo. 63304
314-504-8468

Subject Author Views Posted

I always hear that you can get into trouble for tinting your windows. What's the truth about this?N/T

Guvner 1035 March 29, 2011 12:31PM

Re: I always hear that you can get into trouble for tinting your windows. What's the truth about this?

Jim 1075 March 31, 2011 11:47PM