Stlaware.com

St. Louis Area Reloading Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Although I have a 45 ACP Case gauge I have been using and still have some tight fits...
Posted by: Guvner
Date: May 09, 2013 09:57PM
My ParaOrdance 45 1911 seemed to have some trouble fully chambering shells that had no problem in the gauge. My Glock 36 was even more picky on the same rounds. What's the best way to make sure your loads are sized properly?

Thanks...

G..

Re: Although I have a 45 ACP Case gauge I have been using and still have some tight fits...
Posted by: huntnman
Date: May 10, 2013 11:38AM
1. Double check OAL (over all length). Some bullet's have to be loaded shorter than others due to there design. You can remove the barrel from you're gun to use as a go, no go gauge. If loaded round fits in chamber easily you should be ready to go.

2. Next thing to check is where is the shell binding up. If you cant see marks on the round, ( I have used candle soot or a match to blacken), do not over do this for obvious reasons. Type of crimp can cause problems. Overly long brass can create problems with roll type crimp. I have a P38, that just doesn't accept any roll crimped ammo I have tried, but runs great with taper crimp.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2013 11:43AM by huntnman.

Re: Although I have a 45 ACP Case gauge I have been using and still have some tight fits...
Posted by: Barman54
Date: May 11, 2013 03:37PM
Are you sure the shell is getting competely sized ?
Does your sizing Die touch your shellplate ?

What does your loaded round do, when you drop it in the Barrel while taken apart, should drop in freely ?

What bullet are you using, and what OAL are they, some one asked that I think ?

Barman

Out

Posted by: tgardner
Date: September 13, 2013 06:44PM
I had trouble with my xd chambering, it turned out to be my cast bullet size. I bought a 451 sizing die and the trouble went away

Posted by: huntnman
Date: December 21, 2013 02:51AM
Have had same problem. Easy fix was to get Lee bulge buster kit. Was able to fix all the loaded rounds that I had all ready loaded. Improved from 1 in 5 failing to all working,stopping the failure to feed that I was experiencing with one particular cast hollow point bullet.