Stlaware.com

St. Louis Area Reloading Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
This is a new contest (11/13/2015) for an LED light for your reloading area...
Posted by: Guvner
Date: April 28, 2013 10:55PM
To enter this contest you do have to register and post an introduction to who you are and what you load right here in this string. (Just reply to this post with your information.)

If you're from the St. Louis area let us know if you feel comfortable with that as since this site is really aimed at networking so people can share ideas and possibly harder to come by supplies.

I'll let it go for about 4 weeks and end it as I'm waiting for the Chinese to ship more power supplies. I don't expect a huge number of entrants but someone is getting the LED lighting supplies just like last time. If you send a few people here and they post a lot please contact me as there are rewards for that stuff. Please post your for sale items here.

They will consist of the light strip with the wire soldered to it, (about 40 inches) epoxy glue over connection along with shrink tape, a 12 volt power supply and some quick connects. I decided not to assemble it completely for insurance reasons. You can attach the two red wires together and the 2 black wires together with the crimps and shrink wrap them if you decide to make a really nice looking connection or just use wire nuts to attach the wires. Your choice. Attach the light in a safe place and make sure you don't ever expose any powder to a badly connected wire. This is safe but sometimes it's better to warn everyone and cover your bases. They are selling this setup for $20 to $40 at some of the reloading suppliers.

Here's some pictures in case you didn't see the previous posts. First off is what you can expect to see if you have the Hornady progressive reloader.

Here's a Dillon with the same lighting.

I'll just put the names in and draw a number. If you think of a better way to have a contest throw me an idea...

Thanks,

Gary