Stlaware.com

St. Louis Area Reloading Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Question on the best ways to case lube your shells. I have 7mm shells to prep..
Posted by: Guvner
Date: April 14, 2013 11:56PM
I have the large RCBS pad and been putting a few drops of the case lube grease on my fingers and roll about 6 shells around until I think they feel greasy... Any advice or home remedies out there? Best result advice, etc.

Thanks...

Guvner..

Re: Question on the best ways to case lube your shells. I have 7mm shells to prep..
Posted by: Barman54
Date: April 15, 2013 07:11PM
Is the press hard to operate while sizing ?

They should feel greasy.

I use Imperial Sizing Die Wax, and put them in a flat open pan, and then I spary Dillon pump lube.
Wipe the excess off the shoulder and neck to avoid puckering the upper area of the shell,(no place for the lube to go,so it puckers the shell), I use a papertowel, place it in the press and size the shell.

Then I throw it in the tumbler, to remove lube, trim to spec's, clean primer pocket/flash holes, reprime, charge the shell seat the bullet.

Any other Q's.

Thanks,

Out

Re: Question on the best ways to case lube your shells. I have 7mm shells to prep..
Posted by: huntnman
Date: November 01, 2013 11:14PM
Swage lube can be made from anhydrous lanolin and caster oil,60/40 mix.Warm lanolin in a double boiler add caster oil stir.Let it set up stir again if needed.Can be used for sizing brass,by applying a SMALL amount on your fingers then rubbing the brass.(just touch the lube with you're fingers.DON'T goop it on.) A little goes a long way.
Spray on case lube can be made with 99% alcohol(can substitute gas dry Iso-Heet red container)/anhydrous lanolin.Mixture can very I have used 40-50% lanolin.Alcohol is just the carrier.The less water in the alcohol the better.Warm lanolin in double boiler (or in a baggie under hot water also works) add alcohol and shake.I use a mist spray bottle.I always warm(hot water) my mixture and shake before use.
After putting brass on a paper towel (I suggest inside of a flat tupper ware container) arrange the brass like a in a can of sardines,I then make two runs spraying down the line,First I do the top/neck then the bottoms/base of the brass,Roll one half turn repeat.Wait for alcohol to evaporate.Ready to size.