Stlaware.com

Norfolk Lake, Arkansas Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Fishing report 11/14
Posted by: wapati
Date: November 14, 2010 06:17AM
Reports from other club members has been spotty, deer hunting usually has them in the woods. The reports I have heard have stripers from Red Bank up into Missouri. The oxygen reports show they can be any depth. Water temp also is quite uniform from the surface to 40 foot.
Trolling storm wildeyes is working.

So is this a good picture of the storm wildeye?
Posted by: Guvner
Date: November 14, 2010 11:23AM
What colors do you recommend?

G..

Re: So is this a good picture of the storm wildeye?
Date: November 14, 2010 12:09PM
G,
I suggest a 4-6 inch. Anything with a Blue back usually is good, usually a good Norfork color. Anything resembling a threadfin or gizzard shad will work. Another good producer is a razor minnow.

Posted by: Guvner
Date: November 14, 2010 02:22PM
How deep do you troll as a rule when the oxygen doesn't make the call? I have rods I use for walleye fishing but they are only 14Lb test fireline. I do have lead I can troll deeper with. What's your recommendation?

G..

Date: November 15, 2010 06:41AM
G,
Since norfork is soooooo clear, it is recommended to troll with 10-12 pound MONO, or use a flourocarbon leader if you use braid. Braid without a leader is usually a waste of time on this lake. Downriggers are used extensively to get baits down. Lead core or trolling weights work too.
This is a transition time on the lake, so stripers can and are found from the surface to 100 foot. Commonly they are shallow in low light and drop when the sun shines on the water. You must watch your depth finder a lot and now it pays to keep a top water lure handy to cast to surfacing fish.