Stlaware.com

Norfolk Lake, Arkansas Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Lakes raising fast
Posted by: wapati
Date: April 25, 2011 05:09PM
No point in describing the good fishing that was happening a couple days ago, it was good. I caught 3 crappie 12 inches and over on Friday in just a hour of fishing.
Both Norfork and Bull Shoals have risen 10 plus feet already since Friday. Most of the twin lakes area is reporting 10 inches of rain already and I am getting a downpour at this time.
After the lake stabilizes there should be some really great top water fishing for stripers, whites and bass. They typically hang around the edges of the submerged brush. The water clarity will drop so you can usually use heavier line. I am anticipating some real fun.

Re: Lakes raising fast
Posted by: Guvner
Date: April 25, 2011 05:26PM
How's the new house and fixings?

Gary

Posted by: wapati
Date: April 25, 2011 08:57PM
Oh, it's great. Very quiet, except for all the gobblers. Twice I have had to wait for large birds to get off the driveway so I could park. They don't even run off, just kinda saunter off to another part of the yard. Have had as many as 8 at a time in the yard, with two very large toms all fanned out with beards to the ground. I will have to figure out how to get a couple without spooking them all. Deer are frequent too, they come up to the patio.
I have a put in to Bull just a couple miles down the road, very nice ramp and parking lot. Also a put in to the white river on opposite side of the same road.

Posted by: Guvner
Date: April 25, 2011 09:36PM
Sounds like a permanent home to me...

Glad you ended up where you wanted...

Gary