Stlaware.com

Missouri Concealed Carry Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
open/concealed carry insurance
Posted by: tittiger
Date: June 28, 2011 02:07PM
The home schooler's learned the "join or die" lesson and now have a Home School Legal Defense Association.

Farmers have learned the same lesson and now have: Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund

What the heck do gun owners have? The closest I have seen is gun owners contributing to the defense of someone AFTER the fact. Well that is not enough
to reassure me. If we had such a fund I would be open carrying in my MO town everyday.

We even have a big club: 42 USC 1983 (Deprivation of civil rights under color of law or authority) among other remedies up to and including the second amendment itself.

Give this some thought. It's is something we desperately need. It's a first step toward getting rid of all of these unconstitutional gun laws. Every journey begins with a first step.
Let's get going people.

Re: open/concealed carry insurance
Posted by: CCWTrainer
Date: August 07, 2011 06:28AM
While I agree in principle about the unconstitutionality of most gun laws, I personally would never register my displeasure by allowing anyone who looks at me to see I'm armed, let alone with what. We know the element of surprise is a significant part of any battle. I will always reserve the right to deal any threat who surprises ME a very unpleasant surprise of their own. To me, giving up the ability to do that would almost be like going back to when it was illegal to defend yourself with a weapon. I'm a believer in working smart, not hard. Open carry would seem to me to be the opposite. I'm not against you doing it. I just don't want to.

Greg
http://www.stlccw.com/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2011 07:21AM by CCWTrainer.

Posted by: baheck
Date: August 18, 2011 10:39AM
I have thought about this as well and apparently others have on other websites. Here are a few links that I found:

armedcitizendefensenetwork.org

chlpp.com

mmdbrokers.com (not in MO though)

I am not a member of any of the above. I have only just started reading about them.

EDIT: oh, after sitting through Greg's class I am sure that I would not open carry either. My response was only concerning the insurance ideas.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2011 10:41AM by baheck.

Posted by: tittiger
Date: September 04, 2011 12:09AM
I agree with you about the element of surprise Greg.

However open carry can serve an educational benefit to the public
and also serves as a way for those die hards that refuse to
purchase their rights or flat out can not afford to do so.