Stlaware.com

Missouri Concealed Carry Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Holster or Clipdraw
Posted by: tdekock
Date: January 21, 2011 11:52AM
What would you recommend using for a Glock, holster or a Clipdraw? I find the Clipdraw more comfortable to use but not sure if it's wise to use with a Glock since they don't have a safety on them like other guns. What do you think.
Thanks
Tim

Re: Holster or Clipdraw
Posted by: CCWTrainer
Date: January 21, 2011 12:17PM
First of all, that Glock has both a trigger safety and a striker block safety. It won't go off when dropped.

That said, my personal preference is the security of a good IWB holster. I can run, jump a fence, climb a tree and even hang upside down from a branch without worry because my gun will still be there if I reach for it. If you slipped and fell on a slick floor or suddenly found yourself in a scuffle it would be nice to know you aren't going to look down and see Mr. Glock sliding away across the floor.

Greg
http://www.stlccw.com/

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2011 12:20PM by CCWTrainer.

Posted by: Chap321
Date: October 24, 2011 12:30PM
I'd much prefer a holster for a Glock, over a clipdraw. The more important issue is safety, rather than retention. They won't discharge when dropped, but ANYTHING inside that trigger guard could lead to the all-too-common Glock leg. Best to have your trigger guard secured in a gun like that.

Posted by: CCWTrainer
Date: October 26, 2011 04:56PM
>The more important issue is safety, rather than retention.<

Wish I'd said that......

Thanks Chap

Greg
http://www.stlccw.com/

Posted by: Chap321
Date: October 28, 2011 03:20AM
No problem :wink:

Not to say retention isn't important, as it most certainly is, but I think you can knock out two birds with one stone. A good holster will provide good retention. I've never used a clipdraw, so I can't speak for those, but I think trigger guard coverage is critical on a Glock, due to the absence of any external safety except for the trigger safety.

An accidental discharge due to a piece of clothing or something getting hooked in the trigger while reholstering can REALLY ruin your day.