Stlaware.com

Missouri Concealed Carry Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Working in Illinois!
Posted by: frank
Date: May 19, 2010 01:06AM
I have just accepted a job in a very rough section of East St. Louis, Illinois, and I am wondering what my options are of transporting a firearm in that area without taking a chance of ending up in a state prison! I also want to add that I have taken your CCW class in June (I believe) of 2009 and thought is was a very good class. I have heard from people that had there classes elsewhere (even classes given by retired police officers) that the class that I participated in was much more in depth (as far as self protection and what to do if you needed to use deadly force).
Thank you for your time,
frank

Re: Working in Illinois!
Posted by: CCWTrainer
Date: May 19, 2010 06:45AM
Frank,

There is nothing you can do in Illinois to legally carry a firearm for self protection. You should also be VERY careful if you drive a car there with MO license plates on it. Law enforcement in Illinois is aware of our car carry law and have been known to search MO licensed cars of late for the specific purpose of taking you and your gun to jail.

I don't endorse this because i wouldn't want to see you be the test case, but I would be remiss in my duty if I did not tell you to google "Illinois fanny pack carry" and read up on the topic.

Good luck and be careful!

Greg

Posted by: Guvner
Date: May 19, 2010 09:15AM
Greg,

Just read up on the fanny pack law. What exactly is a valid Firearms Owners Identification Card?

Thanks...

Gary

Posted by: CCWTrainer
Date: May 19, 2010 12:58PM
Illinois residents must be in possession of a FOID card to have a gun or even buy ammo. The statute only applies to those who reside in Illinois, so MO residents don't need one.

Illinois requires every gun owner in the state to possess one. It reminds me of the Nazi law that said all Jews had to wear a star to identify themselves as Jewish.

Greg
http://www.stlccw.com/

Posted by: frank
Date: June 07, 2010 12:38AM
Thank you everyone for the replies!