Stlaware.com

Missouri Concealed Carry Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
ccw question
Posted by: rev
Date: March 01, 2010 04:16PM
took the 8 hr course on feb 10. brought everything and 100 dollars down to my county sheriffs dept on feb 11 2010. they gave me a reciept and took fingerprints. the guy that was with me at the training course turned his in the same day feb 11. sheriffs dept called him feb 20 to come pick his up and was issued the ccw. with all this being said im still waiting for the sheriffs dept to yet call me. today is march 1. what do you think is going on? i currently own 2 rifles and one handgun. the handgun i got under the old permit from the sheriffs dept. whats your opinion on whats happening? should i do anything besides wait? thanks

Re: ccw question
Posted by: CCWTrainer
Date: March 01, 2010 05:58PM
The law gives them 45 days to approve or deny, but they mostly turn them back to people as soon as the background check comes in. Have you ever had them put a hold on a purchase permit? Some people experience this because of something in their arrest record from the past the HP needs to find the disposition of before they report back to the sheriff on your background check. Others get held up because they share a name with someone who has something like that in their past. They always err on the side of caution and you can't blame them.

There is no harm in asking the question you asked here to them as long as keep in mind that they don't owe you an answer until 45 days elapses. Tell them you are just wondering and they'll probably tell you what they can. The Sheriff may not know why yet.

Date: March 01, 2010 07:01PM
is the 45 days from when i turned in the application or 45 buisness days? they are several people with my name including at least one with the exact name. thanks

Date: March 02, 2010 04:58PM
well, the wait is over finally. the sheriffs dept called today and said my ccw license was back from the hp and i have 3 days to pick it up. hooray!!