Stlaware.com

Missouri Concealed Carry Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
open carry question
Posted by: rev
Date: February 11, 2010 07:21PM
can i still open carry with a ccw license in missouri?

Re: open carry question
Posted by: CCWTrainer
Date: February 11, 2010 07:42PM
Anywhere open carry is allowed you can, but I'm curious as to why you would want to put yourself at such a significant tactical disadvantage?

Posted by: rev
Date: February 11, 2010 08:36PM
i dont see why i should have to conceal if im going hunting or to the shooting range. for instance floating a river but still wanting to carry. it would be a task to try to conceal when its 100 degrees in mid summer. i would want to still take my weapon with me. im very new to the laws of ccw. thank you for your responses. they are very much appreciated. thanks again. glad to be a member of this forum.

Posted by: CCWTrainer
Date: February 11, 2010 10:43PM
It isn't a matter of having to conceal. I just think you would want to. I float occasionally and would much rather carry a diving knife no one can see than have a gun visible. My Gerber Guardian does this duty. I've seen valuables go under and never come back on a float trip. People can do this too with excess weight attached. I can haul a drowning person to shore without discarding my knife. Of course these are one day adventures with plenty of companions. A multi-day float in a less traveled area with less support and I WOULD carry a gun. I would not tip my hand by letting it be visible however, even if I had to zip-tie a Glock under my canoe seat.

What I'm saying is, the thing that keeps me safe in any situation is my PLAN. All the hardware you can carry won't help if you lack one. There is no room in any of my plans for my adversary not to be caught by surprise, hence my desire for discretion.

It may indeed be a pain to conceal in certain situations. It would be more painful to me to do without the element of surprise though. I also believe the difficulty of working out a concealment method could be less trouble than dealing with the adverse reactions I might get carrying openly.

My opinion is just that, MY opinion. You ultimately must decide what is best for you. That's what freedom is all about.

Greg

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2010 04:11PM by CCWTrainer.