Stlaware.com

Missouri Concealed Carry Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
General question
Posted by: johnstl
Date: July 29, 2012 06:24AM
I'm a new person and I have several questions. I took an on-line handgun safety/CCW issued by a NRA certified instructer from the state of Virginia, I know that there is reciprocity between that state and Missouri. Question I have should I now take that certificate to the sheriff's office, or should I wait until I can find and afford a local class. The reason for taking that alternate route was 1 - I don't have access to a vehicle, some classes are out of my price range right now, 2- most of the CCW classes in my area are so far away from where I live and class times are also a problem. Even though I'm on the fence about actually purchasing a handgun, I'd still like to have the ability to carry in the event I ever do. My other question is that even though there is reciprocity with Virginia, would it be wise (even though I've already spent the money) to present this certificate for a Missouri CCW or should I just wait until things as mentioned above come together. Sorry to be so long winded.

Thanks,

John

Re: General question
Posted by: CCWTrainer
Date: August 05, 2012 09:27AM
Your online certificate will not qualify you for a Mo license. You will need a CCW class here where you can shoot the qualification.

If you had a Virginia permit it may be invalid now because when you moved the address on it is no longer your address.

Greg
http://www.stlccw.com/

Re: General question
Posted by: skipit91
Date: January 06, 2013 10:41AM
One point on your "on line course" To my knowledge to get Properly certified you need to show the instructor you are able to load & fire a revolver & semi auto pistol. Therefore How can you be considered properly trained?