Stlaware.com

Missouri Concealed Carry Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Concealed yet not concealed...
Posted by: Sam
Date: January 11, 2011 09:40PM
Ok, I have been wondering about this for a bit. My wife who has her CCW tends to wear more form fitting clothing and at times the imprint of what she may be carrying will show through. Is this skirting the laws? I tried looking for the verbiage in the laws but due to my limited lawyer talk I could not find anything that jumped off the page to me. Granted you might just see the butt of the gun poking out a bit, we know what we are looking at but others may not. Again I stress its covered by a shirt and not showing any part of the gun. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Re: Concealed yet not concealed...
Posted by: CCWTrainer
Date: January 12, 2011 09:39AM
Sounds legal to me but risky for a few reasons. The first is losing the element of surprise. Second, an attacker could neutralize her ability to use it or even worse, take it. Third, she could be open to the 'nut with a gun' call to police by someone with a grudge against her.

I just heard from a student who was improving his rental property when he was attacked by a tenant's guest. He instinctively reached under his shirt and the guy who was coming recognized the move and ran. The attacker went in to another rental unit and called Police to falsely report that that he had been attacked by the landlord who 'held a gun to my head'. The Police arrived yelling "who has the gun?". When my student put his hands on his head and replied, "I do." He was disarmed. They ultimately arrested the guy who attacked him and charged him with assault and did not arrest my student once other witnesses said he never even drew or displayed his gun. Jefferson County still has his gun though, and are refusing to give it back even though he was never charged with anything, was on his own property and did nothing wrong. He's looking at having his lawyer file a Writ of Repleven to get it back, which is expensive.

If anyone figures out you have a gun you are vulnerable to this kind of treatment. Police respond to 911 calls acting on the information the caller gives them. Anyone who disputes the original version given by the caller has the burden of proving otherwise, usually after a night in jail and/or loss of personal property.

Another student reports that her employer had Police remove her from the property without warning and then sent a letter of termination just because someone told them she carried a gun. The business has no signs and no policy about employees carrying that she can find. (She was going in at 3:30 am to a deserted office to work and there is no security. An intruder was found by police after a break-in there the week before). She kept it in a concealed carry purse and no one ever saw it but several co-workers were aware she had a permit. She is still not sure what prompted the inquiry in the first place but figures it must be someone who didn't like her whispering in management's ear.

The better you conceal it, the better off you will be.

Greg
http://www.stlccw.com/

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2011 09:53AM by CCWTrainer.