Stlaware.com

Missouri Concealed Carry Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Must tell?
Posted by: mustang
Date: March 15, 2010 01:14PM
I'm a Kansas CC permit holder and will carry concealed as I travel in Missouri. Must I reveal to law enforcement, if stopped for some reason, that I carry if they don't ask? Also, upon leaving my car for a facility that prohibits guns, may I leave my weapon concealed and loaded in the vehicle? I've been googling to find a Missouri CC law guide that spells this out but have had no luck.

thanks

Re: Must tell?
Posted by: rev
Date: March 15, 2010 05:10PM
Posted by: mustang
Date: March 15, 2010 09:06PM
Thanks, rev. That link led me to the laws regarding concealed carry. I see that in Missouri a person provides the indorsement upon demand by any law officer. In other words, revealing to officers is not required until requested by them.

Posted by: stevo0001
Date: March 27, 2010 03:07PM
One thing that i can answer is that nobody can designate an outdoor gun free zone, even schools, you can leave it in the car locked up. prisons I'm not sure on, some prisons inspect cars before parking, but i believe their should still be another parking lot you can keep it in. Better answered by a professional.

So to be sure... Can you leave your gun inside the car or even on you when dropping off a kid at school?
Posted by: Guvner
Date: March 27, 2010 03:16PM
Thanks... G..

Re: So to be sure... Can you leave your gun inside the car or even on you when dropping off a kid at school?
Posted by: CCWTrainer
Date: March 28, 2010 09:00AM
Car Carry will cover you when ferrying kids on school grounds. If it remains concealed and in the vehicle, you are within the law.

I should add that this is the law in MISSOURI.

Greg
http://www.stlccw.com/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2010 09:23AM by CCWTrainer.

Re: So to be sure... Can you leave your gun inside the car or even on you when dropping off a kid at school?
Posted by: tittiger
Date: June 27, 2011 08:06PM
Revealing to the cops under any circumstances that I am carrying sort of negates the whole reason of concealed carrying. After all cops are often criminal and the purpose of a weapon is to protect oneself from criminals.

In other words the law requires me to tell the possible criminal that I am armed so that he can disarm me before he decides to assault me with any of several deadly weapons that he is carrying? IMHO this goes against everything this country stands for. i.e How can the police derive all of their powers from those I delegate to them and then somehow end up with more powers and rights than myself?

Think about it.....

As an aside has there ever been a test case of anyone having to bring a cop to room temperature for felony assault of a handcuffed suspect? I have seen this too often on Youtube and it does seem to me like the only proper and effective response.

Perhaps we need some laws or changes in the MO constitution to address these very real issues.

Thanks!

Joe

Posted by: Detectorist
Date: November 15, 2011 07:06PM
You try it and let us know how it works out for you.