Stlaware.com

Missouri Concealed Carry Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Just saw this on a Illinois comment section following the latest on that states gun laws..
Posted by: Guvner
Date: March 07, 2010 09:43PM
About time Illinois! I have my .38 snuuby at my call if needed...I have a Mo CCW, etc...and I will repeat this story for the last time...I was going a bit too fast around Pocohontas (sp) Il and was stopped by an Ill St Trooper...into the conversation he saw my NRA sticker on my bumper and asked if I had any weapons in the car...I replied that I did, but it was in the trunk, cased and ammo seperate...he asked if I would SHOW him my weapon...I replied that NO, I would pop the trunk and then HE could inspect the weapon...his reply..."right answer...hava nice day" as he handed back my papers. Know the rules, obey the CCW laws, push for the Castle Doctrine for Il, and feel safer, knowing that you can keep you and yours safe. For the ignorant...had I shown the trooper my weapon I could have had hell fall on me as Police consider any gun a LOADED gun until secured. See? The one's holding the CCW are a better bet, because they are usually the ones that obey the law.
Reading all the posts was an education. Whew..

Comments on this guys experience with the Illinois State Patrol... :(

Re: Just saw this on a Illinois comment section following the latest on that states gun laws..
Posted by: DrBobinMO
Date: March 20, 2010 02:59PM
Thanks for sharing that story Guvner. I will be in St. Louis next month for some metal detecting and I will be carrying but will probably be staying at a hotel accross the border in Illinois. If I happen to get stopped and asked that question, now I know how to correctly answer it.