Stlaware.com

Missouri Concealed Carry Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Car Carry
Posted by: dcmc
Date: February 21, 2010 10:06AM
What is the Missouri law on carrying a loaded weapon in your vehicle?
I have had some tell me that your automobile is the same as your home and you can have a gun in your car the same as you would in your home regardless if you have a CCW or not.

Re: Car Carry
Posted by: CCWTrainer
Date: February 21, 2010 02:16PM
You may have a loaded handgun in your car with no permit. If you have a permit, you may have any type of gun.
The rub is they want it concealed now, not in plain sight like it had to be under the old law.

Greg
http://www.stlccw.com/

Posted by: Chap321
Date: September 20, 2011 11:25PM
Greg, is this elaborated on in any statute or case law? I've been sifting through MO 571 and done several google searches to reveal the exact wording of the statute, but no luck so far.

Posted by: tubzz
Date: October 06, 2011 08:36PM
try this

RV/Car Carry Without A Permit/License
571.030. 1. A Person Commits the Crime of Unlawful Use of Weapons if He or She Knowingly:
(1) Carries concealed upon or about his or her person a knife, a firearm, a blackjack or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use
(3). Subdivisions (1), (5), (8), and (10) of subsection 1 of this section do not apply when the actor is transporting such weapons in a nonfunctioning state or in an unloaded state when ammunition is not readily accessible or when such weapons are not readily accessible. Subdivision (1) of subsection 1 of this section does not apply to any person twenty-one years of age or older transporting a concealable firearm in the passenger compartment of a motor vehicle, so long as such concealable firearm is otherwise lawfully possessed, nor when the actor is also in possession of an exposed firearm or projectile weapon for the lawful pursuit of game, or is in his or her dwelling unit or upon [business] premises over which the actor has possession, authority or control, or is traveling in a continuous journey peaceably through this state.

Date: October 07, 2011 09:00AM
The language above was copied from a legislative markup copy. I was alerted to this by the word (business).
When legislative research combines a bill with current law, bracketed words are ones being deleted and we did delete that word when we changed the law so it opened it up to be legal upon ANY premises over which the actor has authority or control.

Go to the link on my website "MO 571 Weapons Offenses", then click on 571.030.

>>>>>571.030. 1. A person commits the crime of unlawful use of weapons if he or she knowingly:
(1) Carries concealed upon or about his or her person a knife, a firearm, a blackjack or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use; or<<<<<<<
This goes on to cover 10 prohibited things.

Further down it lists exemptions. The one we want follows:
>>>>>Subdivision (1) of subsection 1 of this section does not apply to any person twenty-one years of age or older transporting a concealable firearm in the passenger compartment of a motor vehicle, so long as such concealable firearm is otherwise lawfully possessed<<<<<<<

Greg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2011 09:01AM by CCWTrainer.

Posted by: tubzz
Date: October 12, 2011 08:41PM
thanks greg, i copyed that from Handgunslaw.us . i use it as the basic do's and don'ts of other state's that we maybe traveling to or through with the camper,

Date: October 13, 2011 10:12AM
Click on "States Honoring Missouri" in the links section of my site and use that list of states to click through to the actual state's website. You will get current law that way or at least it won't be your fault if it was wrong and you printed it out.
Getting it from a private site offers you no protection against being prosecuted for their mistake.

Greg

Posted by: Chap321
Date: October 24, 2011 12:25PM
Very cool, thanks!