Stlaware.com

Missouri Concealed Carry Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
CCW and CDL
Posted by: jorville82
Date: February 04, 2010 04:31PM
I have a Commercial Driver's License (CDL) and I've heard rumors from some of my CCW coworkers that there may be special restrictions for those of us with a CDL, specifically while in a commercial vehicle. Does anyone know of any such legal restrictions? I realize that there may be issues with your specific employer and/or employer's insurance company, which I'm currently researching on my end, but thought someone else might have some insight into this. Thanks!

Also, Greg's class is worth every penny and then some! I highly recommend it.

Re: CCW and CDL
Posted by: CCWTrainer
Date: February 04, 2010 09:19PM
This is not the first time someone with a CDL has asked me this. I have seen nothing to back up these rumors that are floating around about CDL drivers. A commercial vehicle driver has no special laws to live under. In Missouri, car carry applies to you just like it does to every other citizen. The highway patrol would be the place to go for confirmation if you still have doubts. They supervise commercial vehicle enforcement.

Please note that if your employer has a policy against guns in their trucks, you could be fired for having one in your truck against company policy. I can find no law you would be in violation of however.

Re: CCW and CDL
Posted by: bcoop
Date: February 23, 2010 09:49PM
There are no Federal Laws in place that restrict a CDL holder for having a CCW or carrying a weapon that I have ever seen or heard of being in the works. The only thing you have to worry about is carrying a concealed weapon across state lines to a state that does not have a CCW law or honor a reciprocal agreement with a CCW State. I have stopped several truck drivers that had a CCW and had a weapon in the truck, I instructed them that I did not want to see it and to keep it in place, but if I saw him handling it I would consider that a threat on my life because he had no reason to show it to me. And like Greg said, company policy is your first step. You would get into alot more trouble having one can of beer in your sleeper than a CCW and a pistol.