Stlaware.com

Missouri Concealed Carry Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
reciprocity
Posted by: dsulhoff
Date: April 05, 2010 05:14PM
Wyoming recently changed their CCW laws and now allows anyone to carry concealed if they have a valid permit from a state which which accepts CCW permits from Wyoming. The Missouri Attorney General website shows which states accept Missouri permits, but has not been updated for a long time. I can't find anywhere that lists what state permits Missouri does accept. Can anyone help? I think Nebraska also recently changed their CCW laws. Does that affect their reciprocity status?

Re: reciprocity
Posted by: CCWTrainer
Date: April 05, 2010 10:04PM
The reason you can't find a list of what permits Missouri accepts is we did not put reciprocity in our law. Instead we opted to put recognition, which means we just recognize any license from anywhere period. If it's valid there, it's valid here. We did this because the Attorney General at the time was Jay Nixon. He's a Democrat and so couldn't be trusted to make any reciprocal deals on behalf of gun owners.

The Attorney general's page is a good place to start to find out what states accept our license. If you know of a state they should list, bring it to their attention. I'm sure they will appreciate the heads-up and make the necessary changes right away. Their reciprocity page can be accessed through my site in the links section. There is also one in the paragraph about where to apply.

Greg
http://www.stlccw.com/

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2010 09:30PM by CCWTrainer.