Stlaware.com

Missouri Concealed Carry Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
House Approves Bill to Curb Meth Production
Posted by: skipit91
Date: April 12, 2013 09:33AM
Some of you might remember when I had to shoot the Intruder 4 month's after I took Gregs CCW course But I am not sure that any one was aware the Bad guy was a Drug Addict living in a car across the street. Well something Is being done about him & All drug addicts.

House Approves Bill to Curb Meth Production (HB 218)
As our state has continued to shed the label of the meth capital of the world, the legislature has done
all it can to make the component ingredients for this dangerous illegal substance harder to obtain.
One thing we have tried not to do is to infringe on the ability of law-abiding Missourians to purchase
cold and allergy medications that contain pseudoephedrine, which is the primary ingredient for
methamphetamine. Our goal is to keep the meth components out of the hands of those who would use
it for illicit purposes.

To that end we gave initial approval to legislation that would reduce the amount consumers can buy
each month of medications with pseudoephedrine. Right now, our law requires these medications
be kept behind the counter and that retailers must keep records of every purchase and buyer. To
strengthen the existing law, the bill we passed would take the current purchase limit of 9 grams of
pseudoephedrine every 30 days down to 7.5 grams every 30 days. It would also create a limit of
60 grams over a 12-month period. In addition, the bill would require that any individual with a
felony drug crime conviction obtain a prescription in order to buy pseudoephedrine products.

We believe these tougher requirements will help lower the amount of pseudoephedrine that falls
into the hands of meth makers, which in turn will reduce the amount of meth that is sold and used
in our state. This is a deadly problem we continue to work to address and this bill represents a solid
step forward that will target the law-breakers while protecting the rights of law-abiding citizens.