Stlaware.com

Missouri Concealed Carry Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
ccw pistol advice
Posted by: cbccadet2002
Date: March 11, 2013 05:09AM
i'm a slim guy, so it's a problem to find something small enough that's concealable. I purchased a hellcat 380 in hopes i had that problem eliminated, but come to find out, cave men do better metal work then whats used in these. Maybe i had a lemon but ill go ahead and try a different fruit next time. 9 shots and the extractor breaks along with other pieces... Ya, i'm good!! I have two questions i need advice on. 1. carry method/ location. 2. Auto loader or wheel gun, and acceptable caliber..Also, What are your views on ankle carry as the main location? Wheel guns have displayed over time that they almost always go bang. That led me to look into snub nose .38 spl in a ankle holster and go with it. Would you suggest someone go this route, or look into a different option? thanks for the input.

Re: ccw pistol advice
Posted by: CCWTrainer
Date: March 11, 2013 07:52AM
Plan 'A' is always to run. Ever try drawing from an ankle holster while running? Ankle holster is for back-up weapon only.

A .38 snub fits next to my right hipbone in the right front and hides under a t-shirt in bluejeans. In dress slacks it drops in my RF pants pocket or a jacket pocket in a cheap pocket holster that keeps it from moving around and hides the 'print'.

Just one guy's opinion.

Greg
http://www.stlccw.com/

Posted by: moboarder
Date: March 15, 2013 10:54PM
A little pricey, but the Sig P238 is a really nice .380 ACP. Well built and balanced. Easy on the hands shooting also.

Posted by: huntnman
Date: March 21, 2013 01:14AM
Nothing wrong with revolver,they are very reliable. Ankle holster not my first choise by a long shot.How long does it take to bend over,lift pants leg draw weapon.Are you going to fake a heart attack or fainting,to reach for youre weapon.That would be a very unnatural action.
I have carried a Bersa Thunderer 380, inexpensive,Quite safe.Dbl/sgl action,a feature I like. It has pruven to be reliable with all ammo including reloads, except one of my own cast boolits.(lee 105 gr.) when set near max OAL.If you want to go small caliber check them out.They are a little larger than LCP or Bodygaurd,I find them to fit me better.

Posted by: skipit91
Date: April 12, 2013 09:56AM
IMO a Ruger LC9 is Great for carry on the hip or kidney. you can find a nice price most anywhere But I would suggest a Galloway Trigger kit And check my vid feel free to comment like or sub