Stlaware.com

Missouri Concealed Carry Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Bank manager nabs robber
Posted by: Bpugh
Date: November 01, 2012 03:23PM
I saw the article today about the bank manager in Troy, MO who followed a bank robber out to the parking lot and confronted him with a gun. Am I wrong or does this contradict everything I've learned about when it is ok to draw your weapon? The robber left peacefully with a bag full of cash. The manager followed him to the parking lot and pulled a gun on him, making the manager the aggressor in that situation. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the guy didn't get away, but from everything I've read about CCW laws, I would not have taken that course of action for fear of being charged with a crime. By following him to the parking lot, the manager started a confrontation that could have turned deadly when it was entirely avoidable. I'm sure it helps being in a small town where the police probably know the bank manager very well as opposed to St. Louis county where they don't know you from Adam, but the laws are the same. I'm curious if anyone else out there would have handled it the same way.

Bob

Re: Bank manager nabs robber
Posted by: CCWTrainer
Date: November 01, 2012 04:25PM
I would advise against it in any case but I believe the fact that he was fleeing from a forcible felony absolved the bank manager of criminal wrongdoing. You are on to something about where it happened too. It helps that he wasn't in an anti-gun-owner jurisdiction like St. Louis County. It also helps a LOT that it ended well.

I am not a lawyer and cannot give legal advice. This would be a good place for those of you who are to chime in with an opinion.

Greg
http://www.stlccw.com/