Stlaware.com

Missouri Concealed Carry Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
You honk at some idiot sitting there gawking at an accident blocking a green light in front of you...
Posted by: Guvner
Date: October 30, 2012 12:06AM
The guy decides to follow you home. He pulls in front of your driveway and gets out of the car to give it a go at beating you. Are you at fault if you'd defend yourself especially if the guy was a bit bigger then you? Are you required to lower yourself to just fighting with the guy not knowing if he has a weapon?

Happened to me. Luckily for him I was returning from the great state of Illinois and had taken abundant cautions while traveling in the peoples republic of Illinios.

Didn't turn out too well for the guy but I didn't shoot him at least... Just curious what the law is...

Guvner..

Re: You honk at some idiot sitting there gawking at an accident blocking a green light in front of you...
Posted by: CCWTrainer
Date: October 30, 2012 09:00AM
You have more rights IN your car than you do if you get out of it. If this happened to me I'd have 911 on my cell speaker and wouldn't ever drive to my home.

Drive to a busy place and wait for the police to peel the ahole off you, but have your gun against your seat under your right thigh just in case. If you get stopped at a light and penned in before the police find you the law is clear. If he approaches you in your car and threatens you he should be looking down the wrong end of your gun as he looks in your window. Most predator types should stop at that point. If he does not stop and displays a weapon or tries to break in to your car while you are in it, there is no duty to flee. You would be forced to shoot to stop the attack at that point.

Greg
http://www.stlccw.com/